A man has been charged with 64 offences after a major investigation into a funeral directors in Hull in which police removed 35 bodies and a quantity of ashes.
Humberside Police began its inquiry into Legacy Independent Funeral Directors after a report of “concern for care of the deceased” in March last year.
Robert Bush, 47, formerly of Kirk Ella, East Yorkshire, is charged with 30 counts of preventing a lawful and decent burial, 30 counts of fraud by false representation, two counts of theft from charities, one count of fraud and another of fraudulent trading.
He has been released on bail and is due to appear at Hull Magistrates’ Court on 25 June.
A 55-year-old woman, who was arrested in July 2024 on suspicion of money laundering offences, has been released with “no further action to be taken”, the force said.
Speaking at a press conference on Wednesday, Deputy Chief Constable Dave Marshall said: “We have updated the families of the 35 deceased with this development and we have made initial contact with additional victims who have been affected by the investigation and we will be personally in touch with them in the coming days.”
Leave a Reply